More divers news
There! A sea turtle! And there, behind you: a manta ray! The underwater world of Curaçao is enchanting. Curaçao is known for the wide variety of diving opportunities. And ideal conditions, because the water is wonderfully warm all year round and visibility is always good. Because Curaçao is a volcanic island and therefore forms a pillar in the ocean, the reef is close by and it is very easy to reach. You can go shore diving directly from the coast, but boat diving is also possible.
Well-known dive sites include:
- Playa Kalki. Wonderful location for a day at the beach and diving. Look out for green moray eels, lobsters, mushroom-shaped coral formations as well as a wide variety of fish swimming among the reef. Playa Kalki is also known as Alice in Wonderland.
- Mushroom Forest. Over time, coral formations have formed in such a way that they resemble mushrooms, hence the name. Beneath each of these coral formations lies an abundance of marine life waiting to be seen, admired and photographed.
- Port Marie. Unique and diverse. You can often see fish here that are rarely seen at other dive sites, such as pairs of cornet fish and large schools of creole wrasse.
- Tugboat. One of the most famous and most popular dive sites of Curaçao. Named after the tugboat that sank as a result of an accident years ago, these small wreckage remains at a depth of 5 meters.
- Little Curacao. Divers, snorkelers and sunbathers who have always dreamed of beaching on a desert island will really enjoy the day trip to Klein Curaçao, which offers diving schools and boat charters.
Curaçao is also the perfect destination for advanced divers.
- Director's Bay. The place for a deep dive. You will spot beautiful, soft corals and sponges.
- east point. For a relaxed drift dive, let yourself be carried away by the current at Oostpunt in search of the rare black coral.
Whether you're a novice or an experienced diver, dive in and swim through this rare explosion of color full of life. There are also many colors to discover above water. Because in between your dives there is so much to experience. Go out in the beautiful nature, discover the murals by local artists or completely relax with a drink on the beach. Dive into your next adventure.
Share this message
Tips to read about Duikvaker
Sint Eustatius Have you never heard of this small island in the Caribbean? That's because it's a closely guarded secret. St. Eustatius (Statia in local slang) was once the busiest port in the Caribbean in the eighteenth century. Today it is a sleepy island where time has stood still.…read more
Faster travel from the airport to your favorite dive resort Early this month, the new bridge from Cordova (Mactan) to the south of Cebu City opened to the public. This is good news for all diving enthusiasts who want to travel to a beautiful resort on Bohol. Do you choose Amun Ini or one of the Magic Resorts? you…read more
Presentation by: Renate Olie, marine ecologist at the North Sea Foundation. Mainly concerned with offshore wind energy and its consequences for nature. Also a fanatic wreck diver. It seems like such an endless wide open space, but looks are deceiving. Our North Sea is one of the busiest seas in the world. Shipping, fishing, defence, recreation, sand extraction, windmills, oil and…read more
Do you have an Olympus Tough to take pictures underwater with? Then you are certainly not the only one! The camera is extremely popular for underwater photography. Nice and compact, great macro mode and waterproof in itself. The Olympus Tough has so much to offer! Onderwaterhuis.NL lists the 5 most popular expansions for you. 1. A wide-angle lens…read more
Drum roll…… New on Duikvaker is the stand of Mijn Duikvakantie, the community for holidays with diving and snorkeling. Tessa is happy to tell you in her presentations why Cape Verde is so fantastic and what makes the bay of Abu Dabbab in Egypt so special. It can also be another destination about which you want to receive travel inspiration.…read more
February 4, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
February 5, 2023 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
3992 AE Houten
Duikvaker is organized by The Exhibition Company
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.exhibitioncompany.nl • 030 6666358
IBAN: NL77 RABO 0341 4557 41 • Chamber of Commerce: Utrecht 30122269 • VAT: 803128046B01