There! A sea turtle! And there, behind you: a manta ray! The underwater world of Curaçao is enchanting. Curaçao is known for the wide variety of diving opportunities. And ideal conditions, because the water is wonderfully warm all year round and visibility is always good. Because Curaçao is a volcanic island and therefore forms a pillar in the ocean, the reef is close by and it is very easy to reach. You can go shore diving directly from the coast, but boat diving is also possible.
Well-known dive sites include:
- Playa Kalki. Wonderful location for a day at the beach and diving. Look out for green moray eels, lobsters, mushroom-shaped coral formations as well as a wide variety of fish swimming among the reef. Playa Kalki is also known as Alice in Wonderland.
- Mushroom Forest. Over time, coral formations have formed in such a way that they resemble mushrooms, hence the name. Beneath each of these coral formations lies an abundance of marine life waiting to be seen, admired and photographed.
- Port Marie. Unique and diverse. You can often see fish here that are rarely seen at other dive sites, such as pairs of cornet fish and large schools of creole wrasse.
- Tugboat. One of the most famous and most popular dive sites of Curaçao. Named after the tugboat that sank as a result of an accident years ago, these small wreckage remains at a depth of 5 meters.
- Little Curacao. Divers, snorkelers and sunbathers who have always dreamed of beaching on a desert island will really enjoy the day trip to Klein Curaçao, which offers diving schools and boat charters.
Curaçao is also the perfect destination for advanced divers.
- Director's Bay. The place for a deep dive. You will spot beautiful, soft corals and sponges.
- east point. For a relaxed drift dive, let yourself be carried away by the current at Oostpunt in search of the rare black coral.
Whether you're a novice or an experienced diver, dive in and swim through this rare explosion of color full of life. There are also many colors to discover above water. Because in between your dives there is so much to experience. Go out in the beautiful nature, discover the murals by local artists or completely relax with a drink on the beach. Dive into your next adventure.
Share this message
Tips to read about Duikvaker
Diving in Croatia is an unforgettable experience that makes every diver's heart beat faster. With over 1000 islands and a crystal clear Adriatic Sea, it's no wonder Croatia is a favorite destination for divers from all over the world. The underwater world of Croatia is unparalleled in its diversity. Majestic reefs, enchanting…read more
Dive and Travel will be present on Saturday and Sunday 4 & 5 February at the 2023 edition of the Duikvaker in the Expo in Houten. During this fair you can visit our stand as usual and meet our team for a personal conversation and personalized advice about the most diverse diving destinations. Our stand number…read more
In 2023, Diving World will of course be present again at Duikvaker! This year a special edition for them, because they are celebrating a wonderful anniversary. 25 years of Diving World! Like previous editions of Duikvaker, Diving World will be surrounded by more than 20 partners from all over the world. Through social media and its newsletters…read more
There are quite a few places in the Azores where you have a chance to see mobulas. They are free-swimming rays, about six feet across, and smart enough to be interested in divers. Usually you see them from a distance during your safety stop, after a dive over the beautiful underwater landscape where you…read more
From Pulau Weh to Triton Bay Merapi is the specialist for travel to Indonesia. In addition to traveling around the entire archipelago, they are also the most complete diving specialist. In addition to the usual (and often busy) dive spots on Bali, Gili's, Bunaken and Komodo, they offer many less known and original diving locations. For both the fat and…read more
Information Duikvaker 2023
February 3, 2024 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m
February 4, 2024 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m
3992 AE Houten
Duikvaker is organized by The Exhibition Company
email@example.com • www.exhibitioncompany.nl • +31 30 6666 358
IBAN: NL77 RABO 0341 4557 41 • Chamber of Commerce: Utrecht 30122269 • VAT: 803128046B01